Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

cannot get preferences for qterminal

Started by Dai_trying, December 06, 2016, 06:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dai_trying

Hi all, I am running SparkyLxQt with all updates applied to date, system info :-
System:    Host: sparkylxqt64 Kernel: 4.8.0-1-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: LXQt Distro: SparkyLinux Tyche
Machine:   Device: laptop System: Dell product: Inspiron 15-3552 v: 4.0.11
           Mobo: Dell model: 0T14MC v: A00 UEFI: Dell v: 4.0.11 date: 08/24/2016
Battery    BAT0: charge: 16.8 Wh 63.0% condition: 26.8/28.0 Wh (96%)
CPU:       Quad core Intel Pentium N3700 (-MCP-) cache: 1024 KB
           clock speeds: max: 2400 MHz 1: 479 MHz 2: 599 MHz 3: 876 MHz 4: 938 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1366x768@60.00hz
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 405 (Braswell) GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 13.0.2
Audio:     Card Intel Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series High Definition Audio Controller
           driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.8.0-1-amd64
Network:   Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: 94:53:30:3d:09:15
           Card-2: Atheros
           IF: null-if-id state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: N/A
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (10.8% used)
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: TOSHIBA_MQ01ABF0 size: 500.1GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 25G used: 6.2G (27%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda11
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 4.29GB used: 0.01GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda5
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 42.0C mobo: 41.0C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A fan-1: 0
Info:      Processes: 178 Uptime: 17 min Memory: 494.7/3867.4MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.4

When I use Qterminal and try to access the preferences from the menu bar the system becomes unresponsive (or extremely laboured) then the screen goes grey and I can only see the system bar (bottom of screen). I can change to another desktop using shortcut keys and start another qterminal to find and kill the first terminal which returns the system to a working state. I am unsure if  this post has anything to do with this as it is connected to settings, Any advice or suggestions?

I have a straight debian stretch installation with LxQt and after posting this will reboot into that to see if this issue is duplicated there.
After checking my other installation it is using the same version of Qterminal 0.7.0-2 but is not having any issues with the preferences appearing.
Also I have compton installed in case that makes a difference.

Dai_trying

Here is a video showing what I am getting when I try to access prefences.
Video hosted on tinypic
And for information, I have uninstalled compton and rebooted before taking this screencast as I thought it might have an effect.

paxmark1

Haven't fired up Sparky or Sid.   Plain vanilla testing lxqt in Debian testing qterminal Version: 0.7.0-2 no problems, lowered level to save for history and changed size of font.   Done in qterminal with and without tmux active.  No problems seen. 
    Gotta cook, will edit if I get on other computers.

edit   vbox Siduction Patience nov 16 lxqt, indiansummer Sid lxqt and Sparky lxqt on atom all edit preferences w/out problems for qterminal  0.7.0-2.   I lowered history size and fiddled with fonts on all. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Dai_trying

I don't find this problem with other lxqt distros either so will have to re-install to see if it persists on sparky.

Dai_trying

I re-installed using the latest 4.5 version and everything seems to be ok, maybe I had altered something somewhere that was causing the issue. I guess this will have to go down as user error.

View the most recent posts on the forum