Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

new e19 unavailable libbullet* in Sparky4.0

Started by rollinbeaver, July 30, 2015, 09:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollinbeaver

Hi,

noticed today that in my new Sparky 4.0 installation, e19 had several [UNAVAILABLE] dependencies, whose names all start with libbullet.
I had installed Sparky 4.0 and e19 once already, quite soon after the 4.0 release, and without a problem.
So i guess this is new. Could you please look into it, or alert the package maintainers?
Thank you.
--
Regards,
-- rollinbeaver
--
best regards, ever rollinbeaver

pavroo

Hi
It happed because Debian devs removed libbullet* packages from the testing repos:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libbullet&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all&sourceid=mozilla-search
All the libbullet packs are available in stable and Sid repos in this moment, so enable Sid repo to install e19.

Let me know if the problem still exist - specially around libbullet*2.82 - 2.83
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

rollinbeaver

Hi pavroo,

your tip did indeed hit the spot: i got libbullet* from the stable branch no problem whatsoever. Thanks a bunch.
Now back to wrestling the systray position in my shelf...
--
Regards,
-- rollinbeaver
--

pavroo

The new e19_0.19.99.20340 package of Enlightenment 0.19.7 needs libbullet* 2.83 instead of 2.82 so it shouldn't be a problem now.

rollinbeaver

Hi,

quite so; v2.83 came without a hitch.
Hope sincerely that 0.19.7 fixes the WM losing window's focus and Systray and Appmenu showing nothing at all.

By the way: isn't that 66MB monolith e19 a rather un-debian-y way of packaging, since it supposedly contains several distinct components?
--
Regards,
-- rollinbeaver
--

pavroo

Yes, the deb contains all the tools in one.
There is no excuse, and no time, I compile all of them at ones from the git repos.

View the most recent posts on the forum