Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<SOLVED>Sparkylinux on a external hard drive

Started by marcellino247, March 25, 2020, 11:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcellino247

good morning everyone, and sorry for my english.
I have a computer with a malfunctioning motherboard, which no longer reads any internal hard drives.
The computer, however, reads the external hard drives and USB flash drives, and I'm using it with Ubuntu Live USB.
I thought of reusing it as a game console with sparkylinux gameover edition.
I would like to install Sparkylinux on a 150 GB external hard drive, to be used as a persistent live usb. It should also have more than 4GB as space for persistent data.
Can this be done? and if so, how can I do it?
Thanks!

lami07

QuoteI would like to install Sparkylinux on a 150 GB external hard drive, to be used as a persistent live usb.
Persistent live environment is not the same as installing system on external drive/pendrive.

If you want to install sparky gameover on a external harddrive than sure you can easily do that.
If you want persistent live environment than no. Sparky do not support that. At least as far as I know.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum