Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Your Favorite Desktop Environment?

Started by darko, March 24, 2017, 12:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darko

Hey, peeps!

I've been having fun with Sparky for the last several days and been giving the desktop envs. a drive. I'm currently using CDE since it's my favorite. Cinnamon and Mate have become too mainstream lately, lol.  :P

What do you currently use?

pavroo

Personally, I don't need much from my desktop. No fireworks, no 3D effects, to heavy environments.
It has to work on my old and new machines, so... Openbox.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

darko

blaze

Openbox here too. Simple and elegant, without glitter. ;)
Unstable OpenBoxer

seppalta

Is there another desktop besides openbox+?   ???   http://lxlinux.com/

Barti

In the past, 2 years i was only using cinnamon, later for whole year i was experimenting, and finally i am on mate and this is my favorite from half year now.

darry1966

JWM - Use it with Debian and used it with Puppy and so far like the Sparky implementation. :)

Geoman

Comon Desktop Environment.

CDE - it's the primary reason I'm using SparkyLinux!
It is the only distribution that has an official CDE installation. The installation went seamingless through APtus. And it's working for me like a charm.

You made me really happy folks!  :)

tenfoot

Sparky x64 MATE

Started with openSUSE way back in 2006 and loathed KDE.  Looked around and found LinuxMint with Gnome2.  When that was abandoned found MATE, which has improved enormously since its initial release.  Tried Cinnamon, Fluxbox, OpenBox, and JWM.  They each have their advantages but overall MATE is still my favourite.  Hadn't heard of CDE, so will have a look at it in a few moments.
Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.

seppalta

Those of you using CDE, why do you like it?  What is the file-manager like?  Advantages, say relative to pcmanfm?

Geoman

Quote from: seppalta on May 03, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
Those of you using CDE, why do you like it?  What is the file-manager like?  Advantages, say relative to pcmanfm?

I worked with SGI and SUN machines in the 90ies - so there is much nostalgia here :-)

darko

Quote from: Geoman on May 02, 2017, 10:04:16 PM
Comon Desktop Environment.

CDE - it's the primary reason I'm using SparkyLinux!
It is the only distribution that has an official CDE installation. The installation went seamingless through APtus. And it's working for me like a charm.

You made me really happy folks!  :)

I can relate! :D

lcomedeiros

I use the LXQt. So easy to work and is very good.

carlo

i vote for trinity!
(i used to love kde 3 and 4, but something went wron with widgets and latest kde is... awful for me)
so..so far...  trinity, cinnamon, lxqt and xfce (yes i'm a terrible noob)

madmarv

Nice to see so much love for Openbox. That's the main reason I'm here, WMs get slighted by most distros. I like IceWM as well, but overall OB is my favorite.

If I do go for a full desktop, I really like lxde. I've played with lxqt on Manjaro a bit but it's still a little rough. Have to give the Sparky flavor a try.

View the most recent posts on the forum