I installed Spaky for the first time today and got surprised to know how underrated it is!!! However, I'm facing a major issue right from the start: every secondary browser I install freezes the whole system on start. At first I faced it for Chromium, but then I realized it's the same for everything else (Chrome, Brave, Opera). However, the default Firefox works well. Any working solution is welcome.
This is posted two places very recently. You are not giving us crucial information, your DE and especially your version of Sparky. If you are new to linux as always I recommend that you start with the Stable version.
In the future - posting the output of "inxi -b" is always good. Example follows. Mark up as code via # button. Ctl-Shift C and to copy from terminal Ctl-Shift - V to copy to terminal.
System: Host: dbnbuster Kernel: 4.19.0-13-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: LXQt 0.14.1 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Machine: Type: Desktop System: Gigabyte product: H81M-S2H GSM v: N/A serial: <root required>
Mobo: Gigabyte model: H81M-S2H GSM v: x.x serial: <root required> BIOS: American Megatrends v: F2 date: 08/11/2015
CPU: Dual Core: Intel Core i3-4170 type: MT MCP speed: 798 MHz min/max: 800/3700 MHz
Graphics: Device-1: Intel 4th Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Haswell v: 4.5 Mesa 18.3.6
Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169
Device-2: Ralink RT5372 Wireless Adapter type: USB driver: rt2800usb
Drives: Local Storage: total: 2.28 TiB used: 531.97 GiB (22.8%)
Info: Processes: 195 Uptime: 48m Memory: 11.20 GiB used: 1.82 GiB (16.2%) Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.32
man inxi There are youtube videos about inxi. inxi has numerous flags to help us diagnose.
Hi. I'm using the Sparky 6 (Po-Tolo) with Xfce on my Acer Swift SF314-51. I'm a regular user of Debian stable and never faced stuff like this before. I installed the iso downloaded only yesterday and right after installation pushed through an upgrade :-\. Let me know any update to this issue or any more info required.
Thanks. It seems the issue is with all Chromium-based and anything else just works fine. ;)
Tested working: Firefox ESR, Midori, Seamonkey, Falkon, Icecat. Gonna stuck with Firefox ESR as my secondary.