Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Will APTus AppCenter be fixed?

Started by kjellinux, September 17, 2024, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjellinux

I have just installed Sparky Linux 7.4 MinimalGUI i686 on a DELL Latitude D610. When I tried opening APTus AppCenter a blank window flashed momentarily and disappeared again. Searching the forum, I understand that I'm not the first to encounter this problem. My question now is if there are any known plans to provide a fix for this problem, and if so, when a fix can be expected?

AxL

Quote from: kjellinux on September 17, 2024, 07:39:21 PM[....]  When I tried opening APTus AppCenter a blank window flashed momentarily and disappeared again. Searching the forum, I understand that I'm not the first to encounter this problem. My question now is if there are any known plans to provide a fix for this problem, and if so, when a fix can be expected?

See:

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

kjellinux

Quote from: AxL on September 17, 2024, 08:26:24 PM  See:

So, if I understand right, the problem has been reported to the developers. At the same time, I guess

Assignees
No one assigned
Labels
None yet
Projects
None yet
Milestone
No milestone
Development
No branches or pull requests

means there's no telling if and when a fix might appear?

AxL

Quote from: kjellinux on September 17, 2024, 08:38:24 PM[....]  means there's no telling if and when a fix might appear?

Well, it seems to me that you have a problem with reading comprehension.

So, I'm going to put the direct quote from the user magpie514, explaining how to apply a simple 'workaround' to solve it:

Quote from: magpie514 commented Aug 28, 2024[....] seems it'll work normally if you use the environment variable WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1
 like WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1 yad --html --uri="http:// localhost:8001" --browser --width=800 --height=600.
You could also export it in your profile, but I don't know if that can cause issues with other webkit applications. I recommend a wrapper for YAD instead.

Let's see, if you get it this time ...

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.

kjellinux

Quote from: AxL on September 17, 2024, 09:22:57 PMWell, it seems to me that you have a problem with reading comprehension.

Quote from: AxL on September 17, 2024, 09:22:57 PMLet's see, if you get it this time ...

Wow, this is sure one unfriendly user forum!

I'm testing various ditributions to find out which are best suited to give old low spec computers a new life. Doing so, I have spent a lot of time in different user forums. I have come to realize that the user forum is an important part of a distribution and how well it is suited for a person who is new to Linux.

After reading the comments above, I'll do my best to stay clear of the SparkyLinux Forums.

P.S. Oh, by the way, the simple 'workaround' didn't work...

AxL

Today isn't your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either.

I don't remember me asking about your opinions. So, stop making a fool of yourself once and for all ...

PT

kjellinux

View the most recent posts on the forum