Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Crashing often in Virtualbox

Started by Larky, March 02, 2024, 12:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larky

Hi. I use another Linux and want to migrate, have been testing sparkylinux-2024.02-x86_64-lxqt on Virtualbox for a few days.

I like it a lot except that it causes Virtualbox to crash virtually every time. Some times it takes longer than others, but it always happens eventually. First, the mouse pointer freezes. Sometimes I can barely move it, very very slowly. Getting out of Virtualbox full screen mode is hard. Switching to another tty in the host machine takes a while. When it finally does, I have a command ready to kill Virtualbox. But experience tells me that killing Virtualbox only saves time. Virtualbox will panic and close on its own if I wait long enough.

I test many OSes on Virtualbox and this is this first time I ever see this happen, and it's happened with Sparky every time I boot it.

Have you had a similar experience? Have you seen any similar report in the forum?

AxL

Quote from: Larky on March 02, 2024, 12:17:44 AM[....] I use another Linux and want to migrate, have been testing sparkylinux-2024.02-x86_64-lxqt on Virtualbox for a few days.

I like it a lot except that it causes Virtualbox to crash virtually every time.

Please, review and ask questions here:

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

Larky

Quote from: AxL on March 04, 2024, 11:13:07 PM  Please, review and ask questions here:

But...

Quote from: Larky on March 02, 2024, 12:17:44 AMI test many OSes on Virtualbox and this is this first time I ever see this happen, and it's happened with Sparky every time I boot it.

one23

Without any further details it's hard to say. I would try to look into VBox logs and maybe try to redownload Sparky iso image or experiment with Vbox settings. 
Also it's important to have host with enough CPU power and memory resources.

View the most recent posts on the forum