Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

What is the max ram amount of the HP Prodesk 600 G4 SFF?

Started by larrybruckner, May 22, 2024, 05:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybruckner

I Just upgraded by HP Prodesk 600 G4 SFF to 16 Gb's (1x8gb 2x4gb), and I was wondering what the maximum amount of ram does the PC support? The motherboard is a HP 83EE, The CPU is an Intel i3-8100 and the GPU is the UHD Graphics 630.

I had 8GB of ram when I first bought the prebuilt computer, I first upgraded it to be 12GB's of ram by adding one 4gb ram, and now I added another 4gb ram stick (G-Skill DDR4 4GB 2400MHZ.)

AxL

Quote from: larrybruckner on May 22, 2024, 05:05:13 PMI Just upgraded by HP Prodesk 600 G4 SFF to 16 Gb's (1x8gb 2x4gb), and I was wondering what the maximum amount of ram does the PC support? The motherboard is a HP 83EE, The CPU is an Intel i3-8100 and the GPU is the UHD Graphics 630.

I had 8GB of ram when I first bought the prebuilt computer, I first upgraded it to be 12GB's of ram by adding one 4gb ram, and now I added another 4gb ram stick (G-Skill DDR4 4GB 2400MHZ.)

WTF lad. You weren't the smartest in your class, huh ???

Why do you repeat exactly word-for-word a message ....???

That you have already posted on the HP forum, where you have received several answers, and is already SOLVED:

[SOLVED] What is the max ram amount of the HP Prodesk 600 G4 SFF? (Motherboard: HP 83EE) - HP Support Community - 9076913

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

duststuff

Hi, Larry. Have you searched online at all for this information? It would normally be included in a user manual / guide for the motherboard, which is often available from the manufacturer's website. The first thing I would check is if your overall PC / system has any kind of service tag number or serial number. If it does, you can probably go to the manufacturer's website and use that to search for resources (including documentation) for your specific system. If not, then the next thing I would do is search with keywords like 'hp 83ee' 'motherboard' 'manual' or something similar in order to find somewhere you can download it from for your reference. If you don't care about having the manual for other purposes, you could drop 'manual' as a keyword and add 'maximum ram' to see what comes up. In my experience I've found the above process relatively straightforward to find this info, even with pretty old computers.

Also, if you're running the actual system, there are various tools that provide information about hardware, some of which are probably already installed. This would be a way to get more detailed information about your motherboard, if needed. If you're running Linux, 'lshw' is a pretty standard command-line utility for this. Another one that can be helpful is 'inxi'. They each have various options you can add to filter the output, make it more verbose, etc.

(Lastly, I doubt that it's a big deal, but here on the Sparky forums and wiki, the term 'desktops' seems to primarily be used to mean 'desktop environment' (i.e. software) rather than to mean 'desktop PC' (as opposed to a laptop, etc.).)

View the most recent posts on the forum