Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

System update required or not ?

Started by piotrfr, August 13, 2023, 12:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piotrfr

Hello all
My system at the moment is working perfectly, version 6.7, Po-Tolo, Bullseye, (big thanks to the whole team...), should I upgrade my system or can I keep the Po-Tolo version?
Thank you all for the help ahead.
Good evening

bonjour à toutes et tous
Mon systeme en ce moment marche à la perfection, version 6.7, Po-Tolo, Bullseye, (grand merci à toute l'équipe...), dois-je faire evoluer mon systeme ou je peux garder la version Po-Tolo ?
Merci à toutes et tous pour l'aide à venir
Bonne soirée

pavroo

You don't have to upgrade to Sparky 7.
Sparky 6 gets security updates until June 2026.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

piotrfr

Hi Pavroo
 Thank you for this very clear explanation.
 Have a good day

Salut Pavroo
Merci pour cette explication tres claire
bonne journée

paul74

Hello Piotrfr,

I upgraded from 6 to 7, no problem.
Since I updated from 7.1 to 7.2 and 7.3.
Everything is working fine.

Je suis passé de 6 à 7 sans problème.
Puis de 7.1 à 7.2 puis 7.3.
Tout fonctionne parfaitement.

piotrfr

Bonjour Paul74, et toutes et tous les autres, et toutes mes excuses sur le fait de ne pas avoir remercier ta réponse sympa et explicative... Oups...

Par contre, tu parles d'avoir effectué les mises à jour de 7.1 etc..., mais tu as fait comment ces màj ?

Avec tous mes tests, mon systeme est un petit peu chamboulé, j'aurai aimé savoir si je pouvais installer directement la dernière version et si cela est possible, est-ce que cela "nettoie" l'ancien systeme ? Pour ma part, la version 6.7, Po-Tolo ?
Et y a-t-il une solution pour mettre à jour le systeme sans supprimer les diverses applications installées ?

Merci pour l'aide à venir et bonne fin de journée à toutes et tous

------------------------

Hello Paul74, and all the others, and my apologies for not having thanked your nice and explanatory response... Oops...

On the other hand, you talk about having carried out the updates to 7.1 etc..., but how did you do these updates?

With all my tests, my system is a little messed up, I would have liked to know if I could directly install the latest version and if this is possible, does it "clean" the old system?  For my part, version 6.7, Po-Tolo?
And is there a solution to update the system without deleting the various installed applications?

Thank you for the help and have a good rest of the day everyone.

View the most recent posts on the forum