Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

App Center....?

Started by Tuxnewbie, July 04, 2023, 09:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxnewbie

Hello,
Just started using Sparky 7 KDE and I find the App Center to be slow at responding to mouse clicks. Is anyone experiencing that issue or am I the only one? Do the devs plan to replace the app center?

AxL

Quote from: Tuxnewbie on July 04, 2023, 09:10:25 PM[....] I find the App Center to be slow at responding to mouse clicks. Is anyone experiencing that issue or am I the only one?

It's not my case. It works perfectly well for me. 

Quote from: Tuxnewbie on July 04, 2023, 09:10:25 PM[....] Do the devs plan to replace the app center?

And, why should they have to? 

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

mls

APTus is not that straightforward (at least on XFCE). The button action is triggered not when you click, but when you leave with the cursor. Also after downloads the exit button doesn't exit, but return to main apps view. I would prefer to go back to the sub-section, from where I was getting the last download. So it is far from unusable, but it's not the simplest either. Personally I would prefer the Nibiru style APTus (Sparky 5). It is not that difficult to write such code, it's just a GUI with buttons and actions.

AxL

Quote from: mls on July 13, 2023, 07:10:29 PM[....] It is not that difficult to write such code, it's just a GUI with buttons and actions.

Well, you know what you have to do. Make your own APTus and cut the crappola. 

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

mls

Quote from: AxL on July 13, 2023, 09:03:26 PM
Quote from: mls on July 13, 2023, 07:10:29 PM[....] It is not that difficult to write such code, it's just a GUI with buttons and actions.

Well, you know what you have to do. Make your own APTus and cut the crappola. 

Not very wise remark, to put it mildly.
You assume that maintainers want a better APTus.
You assume that I know the given language.
You assume that I need a better APTus (I use it only to install and make system image which I later clone with DD, so not the case).
Opinions about APTus are positive. It's the best software center in all Linux distros.
Personally, instead of writing new APTus, I will look at the older one as I liked that interface.

So why don't you write an audio player in golang right now?

View the most recent posts on the forum