Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Install Sparkylinux

Started by aletheamartinez, February 13, 2023, 11:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aletheamartinez

Hi,
I have recently installed the stable version of Sparkylinux and found that I needed Google Chrome as well as Firefox ESR web browsers.

I installed Google Chrome using Aptus/web/GoogleChrome/install and found that chrome had become the main web browser although I had on first start up unchecked the "make default " tick box .

I now get a request to unlock the "default keyring "when launching Google Chrome after a system restart. Is there a fix for this ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

AxL

Quote from: aletheamartinez on February 13, 2023, 11:29:41 AMI have recently installed the stable version of Sparkylinux and found that I needed Google Chrome as well as Firefox ESR web browsers.

I installed Google Chrome using Aptus/web/GoogleChrome/install and found that chrome had become the main web browser although I had on first start up unchecked the "make default " tick box

From the terminal, use:

sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

Quote from: aletheamartinez on February 13, 2023, 11:29:41 AM[....] I now get a request to unlock the "default keyring "when launching Google Chrome after a system restart. Is there a fix for this ?

See:
➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

AxL

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

View the most recent posts on the forum