Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Some remarks and suggestions re: Sparky KDE

Started by Sadi, December 06, 2022, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadi

I've recently begun using Sparky KDE as my primary OS instead of KDE neon, which has now become a secondary-backup system - both sharing the same /home partition without any problems, with only one minor exception: Bluetooth connections have to re-established, but doesn't worth it if you're not staying there for long.

It's interesting to see that the latest KDE Plasma 5 desktop environment can be enjoyed so well with Sparky KDE. Some things are even better, but there were also some that didn't work as well as in KDE neon out-of-the box (but I've quickly managed to fix them), although both are very minor.

I think the software packages that are installed by default in Sparky KDE can be reviewed, and some GNOME stuff can be safely excluded (e.g. gnome-themes-extra*) , and it seems there might be some KDE stuff that should better be included in the default installation (e.g. kde-config-plymouth, xsettings-kde etc.). I also had to use dconf-editor to make some GTK apps (e.g. bleachbit-root or even dconf-editor root) use the same icon and gtk theme as others.

So far, I haven't yet managed to include Firewall in my System Settings - probably I'll also be able to fix it by finding out that another KDE Plasma package is missing from the default installation of Sparky KDE.

View the most recent posts on the forum