Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<Solved>Download older kernel

Started by rektal, April 27, 2021, 06:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rektal

Is it possible to download older kernel f.e 5.11.15-sparky-amd64?
I have got on my system two kernels : 5.12.0-sparky-amd64 and 5.11.16-sparky-amd64.

But on these kernels my suspend mode is not working well. Unfortunately i deleted kernel  5.11.15-sparky-amd64 that I think works well with suspend mode.

I can go into suspend and wake and the screen turns on but there are nasty graphical glitches, which do not disappear until I reboot the system.
I can't enter my password.

rektal

I am sorry for my mistake but kernel 5.11.16-sparky-amd64 works well with suspend mode. I have just checked it.
How to start my system with this kernel and not use 5.12?
Can I use grub customizer to change the order and move up the older kernel?

rektal

I used grub customizer to setup  5.11.16-sparky-amd64  kernel to start with my system.
I have tried again to use suspend mode with kernel 5.12 but with no luck.

rektal

I have updated to kernel 5.12.1-sparky-amd64 today. Unfortunately it didn't work with suspend mode.
I will stay on kernel  5.11.16-sparky-amd64.

rektal

The kernel 5.12.3 do not work with suspend mode either. I have checked the same kernel on Tumbleweed Live usb and there is the same problem.
I use kernel  5.11.16-sparky-amd64 now. Is this the last update for 5.11. kernel? There wili be no further updates for it?

pavroo

No, I only build one, the latest kernel only.
Try Xanmod kernel instead or keep Debian's one as default.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

rektal

Thank you. I understand.
I tried Xanmod kernel 5.12.3-xanmod2 and 5.11.12-rt11-xanmod1 but with no luck. Suspend is not working and I hear my fans is still running.

Only 5.11.16-sparky-amd64 works for me. Is it safe to stay on this kernel and not update to newer one?
Maybe further 5.12 kernels will work for me.

pavroo

I have launched build of kernel 5.11.21, so should be in repos in 2 hours about.
You will not get it as a regular update, have to refresh package list and install it manually.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

rektal

Thank you very much. Kernel 5.11.21 works very well.

View the most recent posts on the forum