Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Sparky doesn't recognize Touchpad & Keyboard

Started by oc, April 07, 2021, 09:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc

Hi, I have a convertible on which I installed sparky. Now the device is actually a tablet, which you dock to the station, which is at the same time the keyboard. The OS is installed on the drive in the station. But the system does not react at all to any input from its own keyboard or touchpad, but when I plug in a usb keyboard & mouse they work. The touchscreen again works, although it is docked to the station.
I thought maybe to switch of the tablet-mode somewhere? but where do I switch it off? I didn't find anything. Then I thought update the drivers, but how do I do it? Can I invoke somehow an update for all drivers in general? Or do I need to find out exactly wich device I need to update, and how do I get the information what device is installed? What I mean is, on Windows I simply look into the devicemanager and get all my information and can invoke a driverupdate from there aswell, but how do I do it with sparky?

Thanks for your support.

paxmark1

Quotehen I thought update the drivers, but how do I do it? Can I invoke somehow an update for all drivers in general? Or do I need to find out exactly wich device I need to update, and how do I get the information what device is installed? What I mean is, on Windows

If you are capable of using a terminal post the output of "inxi -br"  .   Please mark it up as code via the # button.   

My own personal opinion is that if you are new to Linux and Debian and Sparky, that unless you have very very new equipment, you should be starting with Sparky 5, the Stable version. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Rhino

Hi,

I have the same issue with an HP X2, 10.1", 2 in 1 tablet/ laptop, 2 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM. The keyboard works but not the touchpad.
I followed an old post from 2018 that said to look for xinput; well, mine has lxinput. And when I type lxinput list, it gives me the app which is already installed and no other options for the touchpad.
I am a newbie to Linux and learning while doing.
I installed 6.1 - i686 minimalgui.

Any advice? That's the only distro where the wifi works out of the box. For AntiX, it won't recognize. For others, won't even boot.

Thanks

View the most recent posts on the forum