Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Command Line Grub2 Exact Commands to Boot to Sparky Linux?

Started by Alvin777, November 14, 2020, 09:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvin777

Hello, Right now,I'm now on the Grub2 minimalist commands line, trying to figure out for hours how to boot to Sparky which is installed (using Yumi, latest version of Spark, a week or 1 month ago) on a partition on a an external hard disk that Diskpart.exe sees as Partitioned (not as Removable). The Grub on GNU's website doesn't have command examples, sadly, I've searched on Youtube as well and Googled it as well- no solution for this specific situaiton.

If it's ok to ask, what are the exact commands I should type in the Grub2 command line to finally boot to Sparky Linux (it's the only lightweight Linux that worked on an old Acer laptop AMD Turion 64).

Also if I may ask how to do you boot to Memtest86 (BIOS edition) which is on the same external hardrive on a different partition using the chainloader or a better set go Grub2 command-s what are the exact commands (if you could include the commands to boot to the Windows XP Installer, which on the same hardisk, different partition, that'd be most welcome, as well. This external USB hardisk, I'm trying to populate it with installers, perhaps some Windows to Go partitions and Linuxes later but it must have a powerful bootloader and boot manager).

Thank you in advance. Stay safe.
God bless, Rev. 21:4
'In God We Trust.' Thank you Linus Torvalds for making the world a really better place, like Elon Musk. God Bless.

pavroo

Run Sparky Rescue iso as a live system and try to fix Grub via the Grub Rescue tool
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum