Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<SOLVED> LightDM Gtk+Greeter settings.

Started by nemomen, October 13, 2020, 10:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemomen

Hello,
I was forced to reinstall my OS (SparkyLinux Xfce 5.12 Niburu 64-bit stable), and the LightDM Gtk+Greeter settings does not let me personalize it. It does mean no way to choose own background image and avatar. I have never met with this problem so far.
I had not found any error message.
I have re-installed the package with the same result.
Any other solution, please? Thanks in advance.
nemomen

bin

When you run it - presumably from the menu item - does it prompt for your root/sudo password?

It is actually running this lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings-pkexec so the other possibility is the authentication agent.

When you say you re-installed did you use exactly the same /home/user or did you rename your user folder then install fresh and copy over the data?

nemomen

Thanks for the respond.
(1) The applications requires password, so I always give user password and it was accepted normally. I had problem the settings. When I had booted as root, the applications did not accept any image and/or avatar from the user's library only when I had copied them from the user's library to the library of root, and then works.
Usually to boot as root was never necessary for this settings, the applications works properly by user's itself.
(2) When I am forced to make an re-install, it does mean a clean install - at least for me.
No Covid for all Sparkers.
nemomen

View the most recent posts on the forum