Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

How to install additional keyboard layout?

Started by noddari, November 24, 2020, 06:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noddari

Hi,

This is my first time using Linux. So far, I'm happy with the experience and how fast my old machine feels. However, I'm having a problem regarding a keyboard layout.

Normally, I'm using two layouts - English International and Georgian QWERTY. There are two options for Georgian in  Sparky - ergonomic and Georgian MESS (there are other two, but they're actually Russian, NOT Georgian!). Ergonomic layout is outdated layout, that is not used by a single soul, so it's pretty much useless, unless someone has a special need. The MESS is ok with a problem, it is almost similar to normal QWERTY, but "accented" letters (not really accented, but Georgian has 33 letters, so those extra 5, that can't correspond with Latin letters), are corresponding with characters shows as follows:
შ [
ღ ]
თ ;
ჩ '
ძ /

Instead, in normal Georgian QWERTY, which is used by the vast majority of devices, the aforementioned letters are corresponding the following letters BUT UPPERCASE:

შ S (shift + s)
ღ R (shift + r)
თ T (shift + t)
ჩ C (shift + c)
ძ Z (shift + z)

Is there any chance to get the "normal" QWERTY Georgian keyboard layout? 

lami07

Try sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum