Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<SOLVED>The upgrading warning

Started by mdre808, November 25, 2020, 12:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdre808

This upgrading issue has been happened for serveral time. When linux header is getting upgraded, often, comes one or more warnings. Is there something wrong? Of the recent upgrade , the terminal says as the following:
"Setting up linux-image-5.9.11-sparky-amd64 (5.9.11-1) ...
"dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 5.9.11-sparky-amd64:.
"update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.9.11-sparky-amd64
"W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/rkl_dmc_ver2_01.bin for module i915"

After some other normal upgrading, next is this abnormal:
"Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1) ...
"Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.139) ...
"W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/rkl_dmc_ver2_01.bin for module i915"

Then:
"Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.139) ...

Finally:
"shown@shown-pc:~$ Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.139) ...
"bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
"shown@shown-pc:~$ update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.9.11-sparky-amd64
"bash: update-initramfs:: command not found
"shown@shown-pc:~$ W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/rkl_dmc_ver2_01.bin for module i915
"bash: W:: command not found"

So...What do all of those mean, what should I do?

lami07

Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

mdre808

lami07

That is correct. Just ignore it.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum