Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Budgie desktop

Started by pymd, November 21, 2020, 04:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pymd

Hi all, firstly I'd like to say thanks to all devs at Sparky for  a wonderful distro. I am so glad I installed it. Thank You all.

One problem I have not yet been able to solve is how to add a background wallpaper to the budgie desktop. I have a feeling the Sparky  background app and the budgie background settings are perhaps in conflict? If anyone could shed some light on this, I would be very grateful.

Kindest Regards, Adam

lami07

Budgie and GNOME share some code base. For example app responsible for setting the wallpaper. Main ''feature'' of this app is that its broken and does not work. For now at least.
I will post an update after I figure out how to change wallpaper for Budgie desktop.

Update. To change desktop wallpaper right click the desktop and select ''change background''. Next click ''Add picture'' button located on the title bar.
Predefined wallpapers (those with debian logo) are bugged, and will not work.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

pymd

Thanks so very much, it now makes sense. I was wondering why I couldn't use the default Debian wallpapers. I think I might go back to using Lxqt, it is simple but works so very well.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Murdock2525

sudo apt install nitrogen

View the most recent posts on the forum