Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

[SOLVED] - UFW failed with linux-5.9.9-sparky-amd64

Started by AxL, November 20, 2020, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AxL

I do not know the reason for this problem.   ???

But, after updating (yesterday) linux-5.9.9-sparky-amd64, iptables 1.8.6, and all other available updates.
And, after rebooting the laptop, UFW failed (and does not start) with the 5.9.9-sparky kernel.

However with the official debian kernel (linux 5.9.0-2-amd64). There is NO problem, UFW and iptables work correctly.   ;)

It has also been tested with an alternative kernel (linux-5.9.9-xanmod1 stable), and no errors have occurred. UFW starts automatically and without any problem.
(By the way this kernel, I had to install it manually, through the terminal; because using APTus nothing is installed).   ???

Cheers!!   :)
➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

lami07

Thanks for the report. We will look into it.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

AxL

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.

pavroo

A module is missing, will be enclosed on a next build, thanks.

Anyway, created a new board of Sparky custom Linux kernel.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

AxL

Quote from: pavroo on November 21, 2020, 02:56:32 PM
A module is missing, will be enclosed on a next build, thanks.

Thank you very much for your response, and for your great work, with SparkyLinux, Pavroo

Quote from: pavroo on November 21, 2020, 02:56:32 PM
Anyway, created a new board of Sparky custom Linux kernel.

Nice!

Finally, can you tell me the reason, why APTus does not install any of the xanmod kernels, when using the options to install them ??
When you select an option ... Edge, Stable, RT ... etc and press OK. URxvt flashing twice, but finally, it does NOT install anything.
That's why, I had to do it manually, using a terminal ... 

Cheers!! 

View the most recent posts on the forum