Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<SOLVED> Mouse bluetooth

Started by cecca, November 19, 2020, 03:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cecca

Hi.
I've a Jelly Comb BT mouse with his usb adapter.
I put the adapter in an USB port and launch the "Bluetooth adapter". It shows nothing. Launch the "Bluetooth manager" and I get the message that "bluez is not running or no BT adapter found".
Bluez is installed

What can I do?

lami07

For starters run lsusb and post the result.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

cecca

Without and with the adapter inserted

➜  ~ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04f2:b35f Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd HP Truevision HD
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

➜  ~ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04f2:b35f Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd HP Truevision HD
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 25a7:fa11 Areson Technology Corp 2.4G Wireless Receiver
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

lami07

QuoteBus 002 Device 003: ID 25a7:fa11 Areson Technology Corp 2.4G Wireless Receiver

Thats your wireless adapter (thats obvious and probably I shouldn't even mentione that).

Bad news. I can't find any info about linux support for this device. Probably its one of those unfortunate devices that just dont work on linux. :-(

Btw This adapter doesn't seem to be Bluetooth.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

cecca

I can assure you that the mouse is BT: I'll use it daily with my office C (Lenovo Thninkpad with Windows 10).
With the Thinkpad there's no need to use the adpater: it can pair directly with the pc.

The seller says that is usable also with Linux but in the manul there are only instructions for Windows and Mac.

It's not such a problem: I can try to find a wireless vertical mouse to use with my notebook or I'll go with a "normal mouse" when not using the trackpad.

lami07

I did not say that your mouse is not Bluetooth, only your USB adapter doesn't seem to be Bluetooth.

I've looked up on the web some random Jelly Comb BT (you did not specify model) mouse and it was dual mode mouse connecting with bluetooth or wireless 2.4 GHz with a switch underneath. Has your mouse also got such switch? If yes try switching your mouse to 2.4GHz wireless mode and try again with this adapter.

If not you can always buy different usb bluetooth adapter. There are linux capable bluetooth adapters.

cecca

Sorry, my fault.

Anyway the mouse is BT and the adapter is the one shipped inside the mouse (in the battery vault).

The mouse is this one https://www.jellycomb.com/collections/mice/products/mv045-ergonomic-mouse Is dual mode: USB and BT.

I'll try again later and I'll ask the vendor for some advice.

lami07

Your mouse is Bluetooth4.0 & 2.4G Wireless

Check product description here:
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Jelly-Comb-Connection-MV045-Black/dp/B07XB52RLR

And I'm 90% sure that USB adapter is not Bluetooth.

cecca

Is a USB adapter (joust found a copy of the manual, lost the one shipped with the mouse).

Tomorrow I'll try to use it with Sparky Linux

cecca

Solved with the USB adapter: I'd left the mouse in BT mode and so there's no communication between mouse and adapter.
Connected my brain and now everything is fine

View the most recent posts on the forum