Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Changing desktops sparky linux game edition

Started by peppe124, November 11, 2020, 07:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peppe124

In aptus  in desktop,   I downloaded Budgie I want to change desktop from xfce to budgie how do i do that? :)

lami07

After successful installation you have to logout. New desktop environment can be selected from display manager screen.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

peppe124

peppe124

I did click on display manager screen after log out and log in but nothing happens

lami07

Next step would be to select newly installed desktop from the menu somewhere on DM screen.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

peppe124

where  please because  if I write down budgie in the find box nothing shows up

lami07

Position of the menu in question will depend on DM you got there. Default DM installed with xfce is lightdm and if you haven't changed the default greeter then you should check icons located on the top bar in the top right corner. One of those icons will open menu with list of installed DEs

peppe124

Which icons should I look for on the top right corner ? the name

lami07

View the most recent posts on the forum