Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<SOLVED>Problem when install desktop via APTus

Started by xingjiapeng, October 17, 2020, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xingjiapeng

Hi!
I tried to install MATE from APTus in xfce desktop. However, the MATE desktop was always have the default settings - but not the settings with sparky styles, like installed from the mate version image.
I found this problem also appears in e17 desktop, but doesn't appear in xfce and lxde desktop installation.
Thanks.

pavroo

The Enlightenment desktop doesn't use Sparky settings, just its own.
But MATE does. What is your Sparky version: 4, 5 or rolling?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

xingjiapeng

rolling.
I tried to reinstall MATE on the sparky which is preinstalled MATE but i removed it. it behaves like that:

I tried to reinstall MATE on the sparky which is preinstalled xfce, but the desktop is just the default setting.

I found there is a package named debian-mate-default-settings, are they related?

pavroo

I have reproduced your environment, means installed Sparky 6 Xfce, then full upgraded, then installed MATE via APTus, the rebooted, and ... it's ok.

What you can do is trying to detect issue.
Make full system upgrade, then try to reinstall MATE on the top of Xfce, via the command:
sudo sparky-desktop mate
and look for errors.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

xingjiapeng

I tried to reinstall Sparky and install mate again... it behaves normally...
still don't know why can't get the sparky-style desktop before... but it is solved
Thanks.
------
I may found the problem.
there is a step to let you copy the setting files into the home dir now, but the dialog didn't appear before.

xingjiapeng

I guess it is a problem about NEWCONFIG in sparky-desktop.
I found the setting files are cpoied, but the mate desktop didn't read them for some reason...
Thanks.

xingjiapeng

solved, just go to settings -> appearance and choose Sparky theme, the theme will not automatic switch if I change it before and reinstall mate desktop.
(But the Sparky6 window manager theme is still disable...)
Thanks.

View the most recent posts on the forum