Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Installing Hiero (more general reference to Sparky distribution template)

Started by niftyprose, October 29, 2020, 05:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niftyprose

Hello guys, I'm trying to install Barry Block's Hiero outliner. This is available from a PPA.

When I ran sudo add-apt-repository, I got:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bwb-s/hiero
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/add-apt-repository", line 95, in <module>
    sp = SoftwareProperties(options=options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 109, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 599, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)   
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 93, in get_sources
    (self.id, self.codename))
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Sparky/sid
niftyprose@niftynetbook2:~$

I assume this means: we can't identify what sort of setup you'd need for that distro. Is there a workaround? Hiero is a pretty simple piece of software and I assume that its requirements are pretty standard.

Best, NP

lami07

Barry Block's Hiero PPA is for Ubuntu and not for Debian. Adding it to Debian based distro is not recommended and not supported. I'm locking  this thread now.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

pavroo

Moved it to Sparky repos, simply install it via apt or synaptic.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum