Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Broadcom BCM70012 CrystalHD Working, or Not?

Started by mbmalone, October 13, 2020, 05:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbmalone

I'm trying to use the latest SparkyLinux Live x64 on my old HP Mini 210 to watch 1080 H.264 Youtube Video which is too difficult for the under-powered atom cpu. I thought everything was working, but the cpu burden doesn't appear to have been reduced and at the beginning, the video is sort of blurred or something ... I am using a Broadcom BCM70012 Crystal HD addon board. I never could get it working under winblows and haven't been successful under Linux either.

I discovered Sparky seems to have built-in CrystalHD support and everything is working out of the box. I don't have any conflicting broardcom wireless, I swapped that.
Can anyone tell me if this is working properly?  and if so, why is my CPU burden still so high?

I have not installed Sparky, I am using it Live on USB!
I was using the default video player VLC

From the menu toolbar - Tools → Preferences → Input & Codecs → Codecs → Hardware-accelerated decoding → Automatic
The plugin "Crystal HD hardware video decoder" does appear in VLC Plugins and Extensions.
I saved the VLC settings and restarted VLC

lspci -v reveals no kernel driver or modules in use for the BCM70012 Video Decoder  :'(

View the most recent posts on the forum