Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

trying to master the remaster

Started by king420queen, September 13, 2020, 02:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king420queen

been trying for a couple days to "backup" my budgie based system and create a portable live cd. Everytime I have tried, i get an iso, it boots up, may make it to the login screen, but it can't load my desktop, just a terminal. i made my system btrfs not sure if thats the culprit. I have read the manuals about the /skel and i found that they are a little vague. one resource says to copy and paste your whole directory over while an other says that you should bring over a minimal amount as to not interfere with the live settings. i just came across the info about some "prep" work when running the cli version so will try again.

i am also curious about "remastering" the minimal gui/cli isos. I have an Acer laptop and with the new kernel thats been added I am not able to use my mouse or keyboard, to be honest i rarely can with sparky-libinput, and have to add input-synaptics and input-evdev for it to work properly. with the new kernel im still not after doing that. i had tried to use the custom-iso-maker to add a  different kernel, or remove the current, but i get dpkg errors that ultimately make it unuasable.
does anyone have any advice on how i can work around that problem.
i was using the rolling but, am about to try starting with the stable min gui.. without btrfs.

View the most recent posts on the forum