Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

authenication privilege passwords

Started by kad5118, August 04, 2020, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kad5118

Hello

I have a questing to the common users or experts who are familiar with Sparky Linux.Each time i tries to install an app,attempt to make changes in sparky Linux i am always being prompt to enter the privilege password.I don't recall setting up a sudo or privilege password.When i installed Sparky Linux i did not setup an admin account or a regular user name and password to log into sparky.

Are there any way to work around this in the terminal I am trying to avoid having to reinstall the sparky again.

bin

The Sparky install process will not let you proceed without a user account and password.

By default it is set so that the user and root passwords are the same.

If you open Thunar it shows /home/some-name - that name is the user account name.

If you log out, are you unable to log in again?

kad5118

The Sparky install process will not let you proceed without a user account and password.

By default it is set so that the user and root passwords are the same.

If you open Thunar it shows /home/some-name - that name is the user account name.

If you log out, are you unable to log in again?

Thanks for your response, once i log out i have to log in with user name and password.However if i reboot the computer,sparky auto logs in to the desktop.

bin

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding - you said
QuoteWhen i installed Sparky Linux i did not setup an admin account or a regular user name and password to log into sparky

So, when you carry out any task that falls outside the rights of a normal user - such as installing software - you are asked for an admin password. Now, as I said, by default Sparky assigns the user password to admin tasks, so you just use the same password as for your normal log in.

Provided this works OK you have nothing to worry about.

View the most recent posts on the forum