Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Sparky only connects to 5Ghz network

Started by puchalski, June 11, 2020, 05:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puchalski

Hello, I am a somewhat newbie Linux user and I am facing the problem in the subject.
I have a dual band wifi, 2.4Ghz channel and a 5Ghz channel, and dual boot in my computer, Linux and Windows.
Every other device in my home can connect to the 2.4Ghz wifi channel but my Sparky Linux, there is no physical problem because I can connect the 2.4Ghz wifi channel with my laptop using Windows.
The 2.4Ghz wifi channel appears in the networks to connect, and when I try to connect it simply does not connect, without any error appearing.
I have an HP laptop 17-bs0xx
I don´t know what to do, thank you in advance.

lami07

For starters show as result of inxi -Fxx. This will provide some basic info about your system/hardware.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

puchalski

Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
  vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: r8169 v: kernel port: 3000 bus ID: 01:00.0
  chip ID: 10ec:8168
  IF: eth0 state: down mac: 10:e7:c6:0b:54:83
  Device-2: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168NGW [Stone Peak] driver: iwlwifi
  v: kernel port: 3000 bus ID: 02:00.0 chip ID: 8086:24fb
  IF: wlan0 state: up mac: 68:ec:c5:88:c5:70

puchalski

The problem persists, may anybody help me? :-\

bin

What might work is to edit the wifi connection - right click network icon>edit connections>wireless

Go to the ipv6 tab and set it to 'Ignore' so it then forces it to use ip4 which is fine for a home network.

Another possibility - depending on hardware - would be to configure your router to deliver 2.4Ghz to the specific MAC address of the wifi card on your laptop.

No guarantees, just thinkin'  :)

View the most recent posts on the forum