Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Aptus simplified

Started by skipi79, June 03, 2020, 02:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipi79

Hello, my name is Antonio, I am from Alicante (Spain). Excuse my English, it is not very good.
I have tried sparkylinux and it has made clear to me that it is a distribution with a good repository, a new application is updated and adapted. My suggestion would be to simplify the Aptus categories, that is, leave the audio, the video, the codecs ... in a single category called "Multimedia".
Email, rss, file transfer, im, web like "Internet" ...
I think less is more ... simpler ...
Also go back to lxde, i don't understand lxqt is present. I'm left with xfce ...
If the objective of lxqt is to adapt to the plasma ... I have my doubts ... I like that the system is light
What is your opinion?
Modify message

paxmark1

A very crude simple explanation is LXQT is QT5 without the Plasma.  LXDE was ported to QT5, they also took the Tier 1 parts (KF5) of plasma, - so no other Plasma dependencies.

Lightness - speed XFCE     then LXDE   then  LXQT   - but they are close in speed -  all much faster than KDE. 
LXDE will be supported for years.   Wayland support will happen for LXQT and XFCE sooner.  All are good choices. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum