Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

New Desktop Launchers

Started by KenUnix, May 23, 2020, 07:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenUnix

Hi,

When adding "desktop launchers" I have to go to each one  and right click and "click trust executable".

I have Preferences set to "don't ask questions on launch"  in File Manager. I have not had this
problem with other Distro's. Can someone help?

Thanks.

lami07

What sparky version ? what desktop environment ?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

KenUnix

SparkyLinux 6 (Po-Tolo) LXQT.
uname -a 5.6.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.6.7-1 (2020-04-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have Preferences set to "don't ask questions on launch"  in File Manager. I have not had this
problem with other Distro's. Can someone help? Every time I make a launcher I have to right
click on the ICON and set "Trust this executable". Gets annoying because I have to test different
launchers with different applications.

Thanks

lami07

PCmanFM-qt -> Edit -> Preferences -> Launch executable files without prompt  and  Reboot.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

KenUnix

There is no option for: PCmanFM-qt -> Edit -> Preferences -> Launch executable files without prompt

The only option is: "don't ask questions on launch" which I already set.

Made no difference, I still get the red '!' in the middle of the icon.

lami07

QuoteThere is no option for: PCmanFM-qt -> Edit -> Preferences -> Launch executable files without prompt
Of course there is such option. I know because I checked. I installed sparky potolo with lxqt inside virtual machine. This option exists and works ( partially ). Enabling it stops annoying question but does not hide red exclamation mark.

KenUnix

lami07

You have to first upload those images to image hosting service like https://postimages.org/

KenUnix

See attached images from Desktop Icon & File manager

https://postimg.cc/gallery/qT0JBhs

You can see File Manager is set to ask no questions at launch.

ICON you can see red exclamation mark and having to click Trust this executable.

Is there a point in checking ask no questions at launch?  This is not an issue with
Linux Mint LMDE4 and Linux Lite as example.

lami07

Lovely screenshot of pcmanfm preferences. In one of previous post you wrote
QuoteSparkyLinux 6 (Po-Tolo) LXQT.
uname -a 5.6.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.6.7-1 (2020-04-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

LxQT desktop environment in QT based continuation of older GTK2 based LxDE and default file manager for LxQT is pcmanfm-qt

KenUnix

OK. What are you saying use XFCE?

lami07

I'm just saying that if you ever want to change behavior of desktop icons stop messing with pcmanfm settings, it wont help. pcmanfm-qt is file manager you are looking for.
Of course I'm not stopping you from changing desktop environment. This ''trust this executable'' thing is lxqt ''feature'', you won't find this in xfce or mate.

View the most recent posts on the forum