Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

WINE wrapper not detecting .exe files

Started by rhngh, May 03, 2020, 04:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhngh

Hey everyone,
I'm quite new to sparky, I've sparky gameover edition 64bit installed on my system.

Unfortunately the Wine Wrapper app won't detect any .exe files, I've tried configuring wine & winetricks, but nothing seems to fix it.
If I open wrapper, it asks to choose exe file, but the tab it opens is completely empty.
I've tried double clicking the files in file manager & choosing wine when default app list appears, the same tab opens and its empty.
I've also moved some files to home>.wine>c_drive, that also doesn't help.
Couldn't find any relevant solution after ddgoing & youtubing for about 2 hrs.

I'll appreciate any help.

21grams

Indeed the same issue in Wine Wrapper under Po-Tolo.
Can you right click on the .exe and see "Open with Wine Installer" ? .. although I can double click on an .exe to start an install which might explain being able to see this in the context menu.
21grams >> light in flight

rhngh

Quote from: 21grams on May 04, 2020, 03:24:31 AM
Indeed the same issue in Wine Wrapper under Po-Tolo.
Can you right click on the .exe and see "Open with Wine Installer" ? .. although I can double click on an .exe to start an install which might explain being able to see this in the context menu.
No friend I don't see wine installer in the launchers (open with other application) list.
The wine related options are : wine tricks, wine wrapper, configure wine & uninstall wine software. That's it.
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, I just installed the system & updated the system to latest. : (

21grams

Looks like there is something missing with sparky-wine integration.

What you could try is select from the menu:

Wine Config .. Uninstall Wine Software and hit the Install button In the Add/Remove Programs window.
Select the .exe from File types drop down near the bottom of the screen and browse to your .exe to install.

I'm sure there will be an easy fix but lets see what comes of this thread.

Good luck.

pavroo

Uploaded 'sparky-wine' 0.1.17 to repos so upgrade it and try again, please.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

21grams

View the most recent posts on the forum