Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Dropbox has now disappeared

Started by Sawsmith, May 02, 2020, 01:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawsmith

I have been busy saving my files to Dropbox as usual, only to find out that it is no longer backing up. The icon has gone from my task bar as well. I tried to re-install and that doesn't appear to be working from aptus or Synaptic. I then tried to directly download from the Dropbox website and the only way that I can get it to function is with a headless download. However, this morning I noticed that the task bar icon had gone again, so I tried a save and low and behold it isn't backing up to Dropbox again. Downloaded headless again and it's back to working ?????????
Any ideas?

pavroo

You did not say what version of Sparky you are using now.
If testing, the Dropbox can not be installed now due to missing dependency in Debian testing repos.
If Stable, it works with no problem.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

ccshao

Hello, in the sparkylinux semi-rolling, I could find the dropbox (2020.03.04) in
synaptic, but could not install with the error:
dropbox: Depends: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.36.3) but it is not installable.

How to slove it? Thanks!

lami07

Try
sudo apt update
sudo apt install dropbox
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

ccshao

Thanks for the quick response, I got the error as before:
The following packages have unment dependencies:
dropbox: Depends: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.36.3) but it is not installable.

lami07

Ok.
sudo apt install libpango1.0-0
Whats the error now?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

ccshao

It seems the package is missing:
QuotePackage libpango1.0.1 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
However, the folllowing package replace it:
libpangox-1.0-0:i386, libpangox-1.0-0
Maybe I need to wait for a fix by dropbox?

21grams

due to libpango1.0-0 no longer in testing.

A quick fix would be to change the DEBIAN/control file in the deb package to include libpango-1.0-0 and repackage the deb file and then install.

i.e libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.36.3) | libpango-1.0-0 (>= 1.36.3)
21grams >> light in flight

ccshao

It sounds a reasonable solution, but editing the deb file is new to me and I have to learn it first.

pavroo

Re-debianized the dropbox package so it can be installed back on testing, so refresh package list and install it.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum