Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

[Solved} screenshot

Started by handy1912, April 17, 2020, 09:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handy1912

I would like to take simple full screen shot pressing prt sc key.
Using Keyboard settings what command should I enter to accomplish this using existing screenshot app ,or is it not possible.

lami07

What's your desktop environment ?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

handy1912

Thank you for your response. I am xfce if that is my environment. I have been searching all day without an answer so finally decided to ask here. I have installed Deepin screenshot, Gnome screenshot, spectacle and a couple of others in my exploration to see if any would make it possible to those with very little experience.

lami07

By default sparky-desktop-xfce is equipped with xfce4-screenshooter. Simple command to take fullscreen shot would be xfce4-screenshooter -f
-f stands for fullscreen. Run man xfce4-screenshooter command for additional info.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

handy1912

Thank you very much for your help. I ran the command for further information and it told me how to get to read the hand book for xfce4-screenshooter.
All was revealed even to one such as I and I am extreemly grateful to you.

View the most recent posts on the forum