Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<SOLVED> Meltdown-Spectre.

Started by nemomen, February 06, 2020, 01:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemomen

Dear Everyone,
would anyone so kind to furnish me with the information, what is going on?
The case and/or the problem:

The hardware reports:
cpu_meltdown CPU is affected by meltdown attack and needs kernel page table isolation
spectre_v1 CPU is affected by Spectre Variant 1 attack with conditional   branches
spectre_v2 CPU is affected by Spectre Variant 2 attack with indirect branches

The command reports at the same time:  sudo /usr/bin/spectre-meltdown-checker reports SUMMARY: CVE-2017-5753:OK CVE-2017-5715:OK CVE-2017-5754:OK CVE-2018-3640:OK CVE-2018-3639:OK CVE-2018-3615:OK CVE-2018-3620:OK CVE-2018-3646:OK CVE-2018-12126:OK CVE-2018-12130:OK CVE-2018-12127:OK CVE-2019-11091:OK
It also shows the message of A false sense of security is worse than no security at all, that is right. This is why you are watching the message.

May I be say to myself don't worry, be harry, everything is OK, or must to do anything. If needs, what and/or how.
Your responds thanks in advance,
Nemomen

paxmark1

1.  With sparky you will be getting the non-free microcode via aptus or standard usage of "apt"  or "apt-get" automatically. 

2.  How secure do you have to be,  Do you have any state secrets or can access large sums of money.   

3.  I am not saying this definitively, but  going with AMD as opposed to Intel would lessen the risk. 

See my sig.  Please use or learn inxi .  Learn how to post code up (the # button)  Preview before you post. 

Most importantly - you did not post what command you issued to get these messages.  We have no idea if they are standard info given as a message or if they are a warning.  GIGO

Posting output of inx -xC  and the command that issued that text is needed.

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

nemomen

Morgen. Ich bin/war ein Pechvogel. Kein Probleme. Alles gute. Post geschlossen.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen. Nemomen.

View the most recent posts on the forum