Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Install rolling with only KDE

Started by BaukeP, March 02, 2020, 02:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaukeP

Hello,

I couldn't find a sparky rolling iso with the KDE desktop. What's the best way to get a KDE rolling version on my laptop.
I have tried (and archived) the xfce and the mate version already, but like to try a clean KDE version too.
XFCE is my favorite sofar.

But how?

Regards, Bauke (from the Netherlands (Holland))

lami07

There is no official sparky KDE edition. But you can easily achieve clean KDE on sparky with help of MinimalCLI edition and Sparky Advanced Installer
https://wiki.sparkylinux.org/doku.php/advanced_installer
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

paxmark1

And just two centimes, cents worth.  I deeply admire the people who run KDE-Plasma through the transitions in Unstable, but it looks like some very rough sledding. 

5.18 is slow in arriving in Debian Unstable-Sid and then 5 or more days later to rolling.  But it should come,  From another forum.
https://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=7820.0

Sparky testing should be a much less bumpy ride.  Should you get some bumps, the forum above will have extremely talented people posting, strong KDE usage.  Please note, they strongly prefer questions from people running their distribution, still well worth lurking there for golden thought nuggets.  Their languages are tilted towards German and English.  Many of the problems that they encounter will be solved by the time it arrives a few days later in testing. 

Myself, I strongly like QT5 and all things Tier 1 KF5, but lxqt is my choice.  Hopefully you can have over 4 years on a sparky testing install of KDE as I have had on my lxqt install.    peace out.

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

BaukeP

@lami07:
I tried twice. KDE wouldn't install. Lxqt did.

@paxmark1:
I worked with siduction (xfce) for about 6 month. I think sparky is better, easier.

To try KDE I will install Debian testing with KDE. But it would be nice to have xfce, kde and mate running nicely together as Sparkies.

Thank you both for your answers!

Regards, Bauke

lami07

QuoteI tried twice. KDE wouldn't install. Lxqt did.
Any chance for some details what went wrong? Any error messages?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

BaukeP

No, stopped right after starting.

View the most recent posts on the forum