Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

starting problem

Started by benton, January 20, 2020, 09:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollinbeaver

Quote from: paxmark1 on January 30, 2020, 08:47:25 PM
Yes, it very well maybe the CMOS battery. Hardware problem, not software.    Probably a CR2032 

I'm no longer wondering. Yes, that sounds most likely.

And those batteries ain't tiny: a CR2032 is a "coin cell" of eponymous dimensions, at least a centimeter in diameter.

Quote from: paxmark1 on January 30, 2020, 08:47:25 PMIf you have small good tiny tools and a little experience with opening up a laptop you should be fine.  Possibly it is just small torx or phillips scredrivers and a tweezer.  If not, starting up with the power supply would work also.

I could'nt find a disassembly guide for your model, but generally, there's quite some screws (likely Philips) in the bottom part holding fast the keyboard and the surrounding bezel and body shell.
Next, you should put something like a guitar plectrum or credit card corner into the seam between the body shell  top and bottom and gently apply leverage to successively separate plastic latches around the seam.
Careful with the connecting cables of keyboard and touchpad.
Then, if you're lucky, maybe you already see the battery in a holder on the mainboard somewhere. It should IIRC have slightly more than 3V to suffice.
--
best regards, ever rollinbeaver

benton

Thank you rollinbeaver for advise, I will open the body shell next week and will come back with a report.

Nice weekend
benton

View the most recent posts on the forum