Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

very long boottime <SOLVED>

Started by benton, January 14, 2020, 08:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lami07

Removing intel driver was one of 3 things worth trying. I guess it didn't help. So back to the idea from your second post.

Open terminal and run :
sudoedit /etc/default/grub
Modify the line there as:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="video=SVIDEO-1:d quiet splash"
Save with ctrl+s and close with ctrl+x
Then:
sudo update-grub
Reboot.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

benton

Hi lami07,
I just run the commands you gave me, after reboot, it started in approximately 10 Seconds, I guess its a good value.

Thank you very very much for your help!!!

Is there anything else to do in this case? If not, I type <SOLVED> in the title.

paxmark1

To the best of my knowledge your action from the second post

" GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="splash quiet video=SVIDO-1:d""

Sped up the boot hopefully.     It will remain in effect. 

The removal of the intel driver was another thing that could speed up things and is well documented to be helpful.     
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

lami07

QuoteIs there anything else to do in this case? If not, I type <SOLVED> in the title.
It seems your issue with boot time has been resolved so mark this thread as solved and we can close it.
If you have other matters you want to discuss please open new thread in proper section of our forum. You can also join our irc channel or matrix room to hang out with us.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

benton

Yeah, hanging around sounds nice
till soon

View the most recent posts on the forum