benton

Hello to everyone

I installed Sparkylinux on a 32bit System, 2GB RAM, 150 GB HDD

CPU: Intel Dual T24010, 2x 2GHz
Sparkversion: 5.9 Nibiru (i868)
Linux Kernel: 4.19.0-6-686
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.8.8

My Question.

Sparky runs well, but the boottime is very long. Sparky starts with an Error, [drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done_helper, after this message in grub, the Sparky Logo is visible, but after that it takes more time to have a running system.

This Problem is well known, I found it on other Forums for Ubuntu, but there are different ways to solve it. Thatswhy Im asking here.

Im sure, some one of you will know, what to do. Please explain, like you would do explain it a child  ;), because Im just starting to explore Linux.

Thank you in advance
benton

lami07

If your CPU is Intel Dual T2410 than internet says its 64bit processor. Can you download sparky 5.10 64bit ISO and give it a try ?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

benton

Im not sure, if its a 64 bit system, is it? because of the 2GB RAM it should be a 32 bit machine.

In other Forums (Ubuntu), the same problem is documented as a bug, can I solve it with a Systemupgrade?

In the Ubuntu Forum, they solved it with commands, something like " GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="splash quiet video=SVIDO-1:d"
is this the right way?

lami07

Quote from: benton on January 14, 2020, 09:03:05 PM
Im not sure, if its a 64 bit system, is it? because of the 2GB RAM it should be a 32 bit machine.

Websites like those below state otherwise :
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Pentium-Dual-Core-T2410-Notebook-Processor.35520.0.html

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_Dual-Core/Intel-Pentium%20Dual-Core%20Mobile%20T2410%20LF80537GE0411M.html

QuoteIn other Forums (Ubuntu), the same problem is documented as a bug, can I solve it with a Systemupgrade?

In the Ubuntu Forum, they solved it with commands, something like " GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="splash quiet video=SVIDO-1:d"
is this the right way?
Thats your system. Testing whatever random stuff found on the internet is up to you. Although I guess upgrading system won't hurt

Run those two commands in terminal and paste the results
systemd-analyze
systemd-analyze blame
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

benton

nanni@nanni-pc:~$ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 2min 11.422s (kernel) + 34.667s (userspace) = 2min 46.090s
graphical.target reached after 32.784s in userspace

nanni@nanni-pc:~$ systemd-analyze blame
         15.352s man-db.service
         15.141s NetworkManager-wait-online.service
          9.041s ModemManager.service
          8.667s dev-sda1.device
          8.510s ufw.service
          7.856s udisks2.service
          6.115s accounts-daemon.service
          5.732s logrotate.service
          4.919s apparmor.service
          4.650s NetworkManager.service
          4.269s networking.service
          3.790s apt-daily-upgrade.service
          3.695s acpi-support.service
          3.669s avahi-daemon.service
          3.354s wpa_supplicant.service
          3.339s lm-sensors.service
          3.314s rsyslog.service
          3.237s systemd-logind.service
          2.878s lightdm.service
          2.497s rtkit-daemon.service
          2.420s polkit.service
          2.376s atd.service
          2.086s rpcbind.service
lines 1-23

Hi lami07, this is the result, thanks

lami07

QuoteStartup finished in 2min 11.422s (kernel) + 34.667s (userspace) = 2min 46.090s
This suggests that your solution from second post might be the right one.
Other thing you may want to try is to remove intel GPU driver (which sparky installs by default).
sudo apt remove xserver-xorg-video-intel
This way KMS [kernel mode setting] will configure your GPU instead of intel driver (which is recommended way for last decade or so)

benton

This suggests that your solution from second post might be the right one.

Does it mean, I shall use this Code of this 2. post, is the Syntax correct? Maybe you give me the full Syntax, it seems not complete to me, would be kind.

First I will use "sudo apt remove xserver-xorg-video-intel", I guess, I have to restart.

Thank you very much for your help!

benton

I just typed in the command you given me (sudo apt remove xserver-xorg-video-intel ), but I cant type in the Password, is it the same I use for other operations on the System?
In other words, there is no way to type in anything, what is the problem?

paxmark1

Yes.  The password you set up for your normal user  is the password that "sudo command-blah" wants. 

BTW  Mange tusen takk (many thousand thank yous) for the little gem about removing sudo apt remove xserver-xorg-video-intel       The  info can be found via
  "aptitude search  xserver-xorg-video-intel"

QuoteThe use of this driver is discouraged if your hw is new enough (ca. 2007 and newer). You can try uninstalling this driver and let the server use it's builtin modesetting driver instead.
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

lami07

Yes, it's the same password. But there will be no visual feedback while typing it.

benton

its not possible to type in the Password, because I cant type in anything, whats wrong, do I have to do something special before?

benton

OK, Password works (didnt know it, concerning visibility).

benton

Entfernen von xserver-xorg-video-intel (2:2.99.917+git20180925-2) ...
Trigger für man-db (2.8.5-2) werden verarbeitet ...
Trigger für libc-bin (2.28-10) werden verarbeitet ...
nanni@nanni-pc:~$

do I have enter some code? Seems it waits for something.

lami07

Intel driver has been removed. Reboot now

benton

ok, reboot done, do I have use the code from 2. post now?
I m not sure, was to remove the intel driver the solution for the problem of long time boot?

View the most recent posts on the forum