Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Xsession Errors

Started by simplio, August 22, 2019, 02:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplio

I am looking to fix any of these errors. I don't know what to do. I am not running any desktops. Just all default Sparky minimimal. I suspect the system will run smoother if fixed.

Quote***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :
   This program is calling the Imlib call:

imlib_free_image();

With the parameter:

being NULL. Please fix your program.
ObRender-Message: Cannot load image "gscreenshot" from file "gscreenshot"
***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :

imlib_free_image();

With the parameter:

ObRender-Message: Cannot load image "system-software-install" from file "system-software-install"

imlib_free_image();

With the parameter:

ObRender-Message: Cannot load image "system-shutdown" from file "system-shutdown"
gnome polkit is installed
no polkit is running, launching lxde or gnome polkit via sparky-polkit...

(nitrogen:845): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:31:06.005: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(nitrogen:845): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:31:06.792: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",
tint2: xRandr: Found crtc's: 2
tint2: xRandr: Linking output LVDS with crtc 0, resolution 1024x768, DPI 96
tint2: xRandr: crtc 1 seems disabled
tint2: No XSETTINGS manager, tint2 uses config option 'launcher_icon_theme'.
tint2: Loading config file: /home/ddejr/.config/tint2/tint2rc
tint2: real transparency off.... depth: 24
tint2: panel items: LTSC
tint2: Systray composited rendering off
tint2: systray_asb forced to 100 0 0
tint2: nb monitors 1, nb monitors used 1, nb desktops 2
tint2: panel 1 uses scale 1 
tint2: Loading icon theme cache...
tint2: Kernel uevent interface initialized...
tint2: systray window 8388624
tint2: systray started
nm-applet: no process found
gnome polkit is installed
gnome polkit is running, exiting...
add_icon: 25165826 (NetworkManager Applet), pid 1006, visual 0x1cab880, colormap 32, depth 24, width 1, height 1
add_icon: 23068678 (pnmixer), pid 875, visual 0x1cab880, colormap 32, depth 24, width 1, height 1
warning: /build/pnmixer-2yoXWz/pnmixer-0.7.2/src/ui-tray-icon.c: Unable to lookup icon 'audio-volume-off'
error: /build/pnmixer-2yoXWz/pnmixer-0.7.2/src/alsa.c: 'default': Can't get playback dB range: Invalid argument
error: /build/pnmixer-2yoXWz/pnmixer-0.7.2/src/alsa.c: 'default': Can't get playback dB range: Invalid argument
warning: /build/pnmixer-2yoXWz/pnmixer-0.7.2/src/ui-tray-icon.c: Unable to lookup icon 'audio-volume-off'

imlib_free_image();

With the parameter:

ObRender-Message: Cannot load image "" from file ""
ThunarThumbnailer: Failed to retrieve supported types: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.thumbnails.Thumbnailer1 was not provided by any .service files

Edit: less errors after I realized it was tint2 cfg pointed to .desktop not existing in a folder. then edited the launcher in tint2 settings by removing missing stuff.

kanliot

It's safe to ignore stuff like this.    Instead, you might contact the dev's of the software generating the errors and find out if they want more error reports. 

At this point you'll be asking: do I really want to build the development version of my software.

It might be worthwhile instead to measure how many new lines are added to .xsession-errors per day.  if it's more than 500K then you have a problem.

View the most recent posts on the forum