Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Hello Everybody

Started by Lot Qahnaarin, September 06, 2019, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lot Qahnaarin

Hello, My name is Lot Qahnaarin, and I am seriously considering the switch to Linux, particularly, SparkyLinux.

Now, I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask, but I have a few questions:
How many programs does WINE actually support? can I play all my Windows games on SparkyLinux with little to no setup?

Also, how educated do I need to be when using this distro? I like to think that I am at least a little technically literate, but my understanding comes from Windows.

Thank you for any responses. 

paxmark1

Sparky tries to make using wine easier than anyone else and up to date.  I do not game, I can not give any more info.  If you are going to take linux out for a spin, you might as well try Sparky.  Since you are new,  I recommend  trying the Stable version. 

Is your video card NVidia?  If the motherboard or video card is quite new you would want the rolling version.  Nvidia is not the best friend of linux. 

You will probably want to dual boot. 

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Lot Qahnaarin

Quote from: paxmark1 on September 06, 2019, 08:16:26 PM
Sparky tries to make using wine easier than anyone else and up to date.  I do not game, I can not give any more info.  If you are going to take linux out for a spin, you might as well try Sparky.  Since you are new,  I recommend  trying the Stable version. 

Is your video card NVidia?  If the motherboard or video card is quite new you would want the rolling version.  Nvidia is not the best friend of linux. 

You will probably want to dual boot.

Thank you for the reply.

I do use nVidia, and I wouldn't class my card as new, 2016 era card. My motherboard isnt new either.

View the most recent posts on the forum