Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<SOLVED> Populate Greeter on XFCE

Started by Midas, August 17, 2019, 05:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

Simple question: is the answer given here (sparkylinux.org/forum/index.php/topic,4918.0.html) also valid for XFCE?

Asking because all values in my '/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf' are commented out.

Thanks.

paxmark1

If you have not uncommented out the single line please try that and see if it works.  You can always put the # back. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Midas

Quote from: paxmark1
If you have not uncommented out the single line please try that and see if it works.  You can always put the # back.

I did already. But with my little know-how I am always afraid to break things beyond repair -- it's not like that hasn't happened often enough.

paxmark1

There are many things that you can do in linux to make long lasting changes. 

This is not one of them.  It would be similar to your caps lock. 

Uncomment out, reboot, and see what happens.  If it does not work, then put the # back where it was and reboot. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Midas

Sadly, it didn't work. It's no biggie, just a paper-cut. 8)

21grams

There could be 2 entries in lightdm.conf - be sure to use the second entry under [Seat:*].
21grams >> light in flight

Midas

Quote from: 21gramsThere could be 2 entries in lightdm.conf - be sure to use the second entry under [Seat:*].

I see. I made the change under "[LightDM]"... I'll have to check again and report back. Thanks.  8)

EDIT: working now. Thanks.

View the most recent posts on the forum