Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Decreasing involvement.

Started by paxmark1, May 27, 2019, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paxmark1

I am glad to see others posting  with knowledge.

My actual hard metal, spinning rust Sparkies are all 32 bit, which of course are not going to be supported.  I will keep them as Sparky until I don't. A year?  more, - will see how it handles the flood after Buster goes stable. 10 year old hardware can also go #! quickly also.   The .config for the terminals, and other things in Spaky is really spot on, the right amount of flexibility. etc. 

I will still comment occasionally reply , systemctl, journalctl, dpkg-reconfigure tzdata,    etc.  But I won't spend 1/2 a day trying to get BSPWm up  on Sparky and find that I3 goes on in 15 minutes. etc.  I won't go searching for the things that should have already been searched.  But doing less.  But as they say "less is more". 

So - I went with Stretch in 2016 for a year while it was still in testing for my main computer.  And I am moving to Buster as I type.  I might try out the new 64 bit Sparkies in virtual and kick the tires of 6.x   

Sigh, I can't believe Debian still does not automatically set etc/systemd/jounrnald.conf  for "Storage=persistent" instead of the automatic.  You have to mkdir for automatic.  Done.  My 2 main pieces if advice - install inxi and remember "inxi -Fxx"   and set to automatic to enable journaling in systemd   journalctl-b -1   | grep blah      is your friend in times of trouble.

peace out.

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

lami07

Hey paxmark. It's way to early to pack your bags and say good-bye. Sparky stable branch will continue to support 32 bit architecture.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum