Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Budgie, KDE Plasma, MATE, and Xfce installable?

Started by pccobbler, May 29, 2019, 08:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pccobbler

The downloads pages offer LXDE, LXQt, and minimal GUIs. The wiki gives advice on installing "Home roasted 3rd party desktops" CDE, Enlightenment, Jade, Lumina, and Manokwari. The wiki also states that LXDE, LXQt, KDE Plasma, MATE, and Xfce are available (Distrowatch adds Budgie). Maybe I missed the installation option of these desktops instead of LXDE/LXQt. How are KDE Plasma, MATE, Xfce, and maybe Budgie installed?

lami07

Sparky download page contains only 3 basic flavours : minicli (no gui), minigui (openbox), and lxde(32bit)/lxqt(64bit). Additional desktop environments and WMs are accessible through advanced installer or our tool called APTus.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

pccobbler

Thanks for the response.

Okay, I used APTus to install MATE. I entered "mate" into the box and let it run. Now I have MATE desktop as well as Openbox and LXDE.

But then I tried it with "xfce" and "budgie" but the response came back one second later, "Done." But I still have no Xfce or Budgie desktop. Do I need to use different words?

By the way, I should have mentioned before that I'm using Stable, not Rolling Release.

lami07

Run APTus. On the left you will see tabs, find one called "Desktops'' . Pick desired DE/WM from there.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

pavroo

If the desktop installer said "Done" not "Installation failed" means the choosen desktop has been installed.
The question is, did you re-login and choose a new desktop from the login screen?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum