Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Applications installed from Synaptic Package Manager crashing

Started by drrdf, March 27, 2019, 03:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drrdf

I am new to Sparky Linux. There is a lot I like about it, but I have a few problems with applications installed from the Sparky Synaptic Package Manager. Strangely these are occurring only with the 32 bit version of Sparky Linux. I am running the 32 bit Sparky OS on an Asrock motherboard with an AMD CPU (XP). A 64 bit version of Sparky which I am running on another PC, also with an AMD CPU, does not have these problems.

The problem is that VLC will not run, Firefox ESR runs but then continuously crashes, Mindori and Pale Moon will not run at all; ndisgtk also crashes immediately an attempt is made to run it.  These all run on this same PC with other Linux distros but will not run properly or at all with Sparky. Can anyone suggest what the problem is please? Is this a known problem with Sparky?

lami07

Would be helpful if you could run those apps in terminal and post the results.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum