Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

New Sparky kernel <SOLVED>

Started by Sergio 1, April 20, 2019, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio 1

Is it just my problem?
For the second time, the update of Sparky's kernel comes - first 5.08, today is 5.09, but after the upgrade everything remains the same - 5.07.
I have a seemingly new SparkLinks 5.7.1 installed, but everything looks like with the installation of the new version(5.7.1), something not quite right happened.
Could it be that I did something wrong?

kanliot

so,  the command

uname -a

gives 5.07?

Sergio 1

Quote from: kanliot on April 20, 2019, 04:49:43 PM
so,  the command

uname -a

gives 5.07?
@sergio@sergio-pc:~$ uname -a
Linux sergio-pc 5.0.7-sparky-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Apr 5 23:48:50 CEST 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux"

lami07

This might be silly question but did you reboot system after upgrading kernel ?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

Sergio 1

Quote from: lami07 on April 20, 2019, 07:43:49 PM
This might be silly question but did you reboot system after upgrading kernel ?
Yes, I did.

Sergio 1

Thanks lami07
Problem solved.
I have Sparky installed in parallel with Ubuntu, but on a separate disk and to update, it was necessary to restart not via GRUB, but directly from the disk and allow it to be updated.
After the direct launch, I made an update to GRUB in Ubuntu and after that Sparky launched an updated one with a new kernel 5.09.
Thanks for the hint about the "reboot" - it really prompted the idea of a direct launch from the disk.   

View the most recent posts on the forum