Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Can I cange WM from OpenBox to Enlightenment?

Started by Sy41CL, April 09, 2019, 02:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sy41CL

Hi, I am new to Sparky Linux!
I have installed the Sparky Linux 5.7 "Nibiru" Rolling Edition - Multimedia.
This has Openbox Window Manager installed as default.
It is possible to install Enlightenment e22 instead or together with Openbox?
If yes, how? I tried with synaptic and apt without success (broken package).
Thank you so much for all your help!!!

lami07

To install e22 use APTus . You will find Enlightenment in desktop section
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

paxmark1

Window managers

Another alternative to openbox is xfwm4     Yes, developed by XFCE but it is fairly agnostic, it does not care so much about the DE (desktop environment).  If you are running LXQT you already have the option via the Preferences GUI to change to it, or you might already have it. 
xfwm4 is close to (if not already there) wayland compliant.  openbox will take longer.   

Enlightenment.  If you try it and like it, love it even, you might as well go the whole way at some point down the road.  They have their own language - vala.  The #enlightement irc is interesting. 
https://www.enlightenment.org/

But yes, Sparky probably has one of the better versions of E as far as distros go. Install it,  go ahead and kick the tires and and report back.   Maybe next summer when I get the added memory on and have more time I might try it again in a virtual machine.  If you prefer the keyboard to the mouse - definitely think about it. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Sy41CL

Hi, Thank you so much for your help!!!!
via APTus I easily installed enlightenment 0.22.4 and all work fine!!!

lami07

Would be great if you could comply to our rules and Mark this thread as <SOLVED>.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum