Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

sparky play-player

Started by jidan, March 20, 2019, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jidan

Tried to use both sparky apps in a netbook (sparky stable 686), but it couldn't play media with a space character in their names. Playing these files straight with ffplay, I need to put filenames into quotes "".
Checking the code at github, it seems to be right:
ffplay "$1"
For some reason when using sparky-player looses the quotes and refuses to play the media.

And something else: Using ffplay I can load subtitles with video file. With sparky-player it doesn't seem possible as all parameters appear to be the media filename.

paxmark1

I got likes in Arctic Sea Ice Forum when I mentioned    mpv      Extremely few dependencies and rock solid.  2015 I was trying to run Wayland in Stretch - Testing on an old hdd and the only app that worked  was     mpv     vlc pulls in tonnes of stuff and has so many dependencies - colour me happy with mpv  -  it just works.

Acer Aspire One netbook, 686 and 1 gb memory. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

jidan

Agree for mpv and vlc's mess.
But for that netbook i'd suggested to try QMplay2. On a light Qt desktop such as LXQt wil not ask for extra libs and helps a lot on a box with low resources. Even on GTK desktops it doesn't ask much. It's the only player who can play properly 1080p video on this kind of netbooks, search/watch/download for youtube and audio sources, net radio and recording, equalizer etc. I thing it worths a try. It's in sparky repos, just apt install qmplay2 and run QMplay2 (case sensitive).

View the most recent posts on the forum