Started by pavroo, January 16, 2020, 11:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pavroo

1. Stable live images, quaterly updated:
5.10 - January
5.11 - April
5.12 - July
5.13 - October

2. Testing/Rolling live images should be released monthly, exluding months of the stable releases.

3. Live isos with Secure Boot included, but have not such machine to test it out.

4. Sparky APTus AppCenter to replace existing Sparky APTus.
It is developed in two lines:
a. based on Yad; simply but with minimum functions
b. based on Electron; which should have more functions

5. Moving on a new vps is still in progress, fighting with an application which can not be installed on a new vps configuration.

Post below your ideas or anything could improve Sparky, please.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

herndon.jeffreys

Do you know if there is any talk of discontinuing 32 bit support?  Where I live in the country, our internet speed is less that 1 MB.  I have two 32 bit computers which work well given the state of the internet.  I have already installed Sparky on one of them, but am hesitant to install in on my main computer if ending 32 bit support is currently in the works.  Thank You!

lami07

There are no plans to drop 32-bit support.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

rousara

Are there any plans for updated live isos for Sparky Gameover and Multimedia editions on 32-bit machines?

Thanks.

pavroo

I don't think so.
Anyway, you can try to install Sparky meta package of game or multimedia on the top of your present Sparky 32 bit installation.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

demery

How about an OEM Install option on the iso cd?

View the most recent posts on the forum