Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Who has Installed LAMP & Sparky 5.x on a Mini Computer

Started by yadbash, December 31, 2018, 06:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yadbash

I want to 1st build a USB bootable Sparky Linux 5.x  Openbox + LAMP server + Joomla + Classifieds System so users can buy & sell from their homes without having to use Craigslist, Ebay or Amazon. 

Then install same configuration on a Sparky compatible mini-computer.

?? Anyone using Sparky & LAMP on a mini-computer ?

yadbash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQxSDXHrSM

Installed on USB Thumbdrive 16GB,
Sparky Linux 4.9
LAMP = Apache2 / Mysql 5.7 / PHP 7.0
Joomla 3.5 + Classifieds Ads System (JE ClassifyAds Extension)

localhost server --- BUILT.  -----> No on to installing it on Raspberry Pi3+   ---> Last step will be a Net Mini-Computer with built in router.

What I want to accomplish is using Sparky Linux on a micro-cube PC on a USB Thumb Drive with Home Hosting Solution.  As  long as videos are from Youtube and not the local server hard drive their is no lag at all.

paxmark1

I am not an expert.  I watched your video.  Going with Spark 4.9 for the beginning is a sound idea.  Experts say, "never run testing on a server unless you are testing out a server."   For the raspberry pi, to simplify things, <u>maybe</u> go with Debian Buster (testing),  There will be many more people who have done it sucessfully in Debian than in Sparky, hundreds of us versus ten thousands. 

dated Dec 16 2018     https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi3     probably a whole lot more other other searches and there is probably a #debian-arm channel on IRC. 

And the freeze will come to Buster and Sparky 5 in a bit which will simplify things - I will  await your howtos.

peace out.

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

yadbash

Yes, you are absolutely correct and I appreciate your feedback as it is indeed helpful !  Hundreds of thousands use Debian and then build their systems from there but, that's not my target audience. I am looking for Windows users who would JUMP MICROCRAP SHIP if only it was easy to do so..... And, here come's Bobby !!!    ;D

I am working on a YAD interface and the coding I am doing, well, 1. its not programming.  2. Its easy to understand. 3. No complicated strings or variables. I call it YadBash. There will be a ISO for: 1. PC,  2. USB Thumb Drive and 3. Raspberry Pi3+

Now, why use Sparky Linux and not Debian, or Linux Lite or Q4OS, or one of the 65 other Linux Distros based on Debian ?  YAD GUI  !!!!!!!!  Sparky utilities are built using YAD GUI ! and its the only one one that is like this !!!!

I am using the stable release as it will keep support issues to a minimum (I hope).   For example, The Oracle MySQL Community Server fails to install on Sparky Linux from the Buster Repositories. But, this same program installs properly from Stretch Repository correctly.

Its my hope that by

zandoval

Sparky4-Debian9 - Just finished installing Sparky4 and LAMP to a USB bootable drive to have a removable OpenEMR sytem. Now I have tried to do this many times and this is the first time its really worked. I think its due to Sparky being a true Debian system... THANK YOU SPARKY!

Installed "Sparky Live demo"  to a 32G USB.
Via "Sparky Live demo" installed Sparky to another 32G USB being sure to place the Grub on that same 32G USB.
I then booted using the Sparky 32G USB and did a full update and upgrade. (lucky I was using a USB3 Thumb)

OK... So now after reboot I have a fully running Sparky OS off a USB thumb drive. At this point the only extra changes I made were installing Palemoon as my default browser and adding rox-filer as an additional file manager. (both are kinda old school and simplicity still appeals to me).

I then went to https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-linux-apache-mariadb-php-lamp-stack-debian9

I slowly followed the instructions dodging back and forth in my browser to understand many of the new to me terms and definitions.
ITS NOW ALIVE!... What FUN.

Note:
- One thing that helped me allot was using the same identity and password for the thumb drive. Thats not good for security, but it sure helped me with my installs. My thumb drive, its users, its root, its LAMP, its Mariadb, its PHP...  all have the same password. (hope this doesnt haunt me latter).
- Duirng the Server install you will have to find your IP address. You should be able to do this via   $ hostname -I
- On the MariaDb I did not remove the " test database"
- On installing PHP modules I did it via apt rather than from within PHP. Much easier.   $sudo apt install php-#### 
- After installing an additional data base OpenEMR (without patient data)  into the system I was only using 14G of the 32G
- Latter when I need to install the OS with the working LAMP and OpenEMR I will make an .img of the thumb drive then rename it to an .iso and install it to a larger drive. I should then be able to expand the partition size to what ever I need in order to keep patient data.

Hope this helps...

No mater where your at... There you are.

yadbash

Yes, it helped. Thanks for sharing.   Did you install PHP 7.0.  I can not find PHP 7.1 that Joomla is now yelling at me I will need real soon in the future.   Also, did you install PhpMyAdmin or doing all db changes from cli ?

I finally learned that I needed to change the group permissions to www-data and user to www-data as well for joomla to work properly.

Its actually a very easy process to build my Joomla site remotely online and then copy it to my local computer. 

As far as the logins being same. It can be a problem using root with the same password.  And, setting firewall port restrictions is a must for a production localhost (but, I 'm not the one to give advice about FW settings..... )

View the most recent posts on the forum