Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Sparky installation problem

Started by KlemensPL, December 29, 2018, 05:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlemensPL

Hey,
I try to install sparkylinux on my pc. After set the settting (keyboard setting, location etc.) I get the problem. On the step "conclistion" when I click "next" to move to step "installation" then the window of SparkyInstaller is close (like to click "X"). I try to install by Adwanced Sparkylinux installer, by type to terminal "sudo sparkylinux-installer" still nothing, I changed partitions and it nothing help.
Please help me fix this problem.  :'(

lami07

Hi. We'll need some basic information.

1) is your CPU 32 bit or 64 bit ?
2) legacy BIOS or UEFI ?
3) what ISO image were you using ?
4) how you partitioned your disk ?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

KlemensPL

Quote from: lami07 on December 29, 2018, 07:35:06 PM
Hi. We'll need some basic information.

1) is your CPU 32 bit or 64 bit ?
2) legacy BIOS or UEFI ?
3) what ISO image were you using ?
4) how you partitioned your disk ?

Thanks for reply.
1. My PC is 64 bit,
2. I have got legacy BIOS v. 2.3.0 (05/01/07),
3. My SparkyLinux iso image is from official distribution of monthly magazine "Komputer Świat" 11/2017.
4. I have got on my pc two partitions:
a) partition: dev/sda1 - file system: ext4 - size: 9.7GB - occupy: 259.85MiB - availability: 9:51GiB - Flags: boot
b) partition: dev/sda2 - file system: linux-swap - size: 139.14GiB - occupy: 0.00MiB - availability: 139.24GiB - Flags:

I hope that is helpfull. :)

Aa, and when I install from the terminal then in the end of installation I get information that system installed successfully and should reboot to check it out (but it not true, system isn't installed).

lami07

Quote from: KlemensPL on December 30, 2018, 02:14:55 PM

3. My SparkyLinux iso image is from official distribution of monthly magazine "Komputer Świat" 11/2017.

I'm afraid I couldn't find what edition it is. Even Pavroo (Sparky main dev) couldn't provide definitive answer. One thing for sure, it is old ISO. I would like to encourage you to try once more. This time using less ancient installation image.
You can grab newest possible ISO from Sparky official site: https://sparkylinux.org

Quote from: KlemensPL on December 30, 2018, 02:14:55 PM
4. I have got on my pc two partitions:
a) partition: dev/sda1 - file system: ext4 - size: 9.7GB - occupy: 259.85MiB - availability: 9:51GiB - Flags: boot
b) partition: dev/sda2 - file system: linux-swap - size: 139.14GiB - occupy: 0.00MiB - availability: 139.24GiB - Flags:

10GB root partition, 140GB swap ? It should be the other way around.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

paxmark1

I thought I replied, crazy work hours it has been.

If you want a dedicated /home/userfoo  make home about 115 GB
                                         /                                                           20 GB    #  this is the one that should be bootable.
                                        /swap                                                     2 GB

Or just let the installer do it.

Get the new .iso     Sparky 5 is the rolling distro based on Debian Testing and it it will be a busy month shoveling all sorts of updated programs before the freeze begins. 

If you are new to LInux and not familiar with the command line, I would suggest Sparky 4 and as you learn and get used to it, then go to the rolling distro.  peace out
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum